ViaBet is committed to responsible gaming, and is dedicated to an enjoyable and positive gaming experience for all of our players. Most of our players play for fun and entertainment, but we recognize that a small percentage of players will:
1. Attempt to play when they're underage, or
2. Allow gambling to control them and affect their lives.
The staff of ViaBet are committed to assisting and protecting those who should not be playing casino gaming at all, or who wish to limit the amount that they play.
Any underage player who has provided dishonest or inaccurate information regarding their true age may have all winnings forfeited and could face criminal prosecution.
What we do
• Every person signing up for a new account at ViaBet must check a box that indicates that they are at least 18 years of age. This notifies everybody that we don't accept players under 18.
• When a player creates an account with ViaBet, we collect their name, address and birth date to confirm that the player is at least 18 years old.
• ViaBet does not target underage players with our marketing and advertising. It is neither good business nor consistent with our personal and corporate values to attract underage players.
What you can do
• Be sure to protect your computer. All Windows computers can be set up to have password control so that you must enter a password to get to the desktop. In general, this is a good practice, but it's even more important when there are children or teenagers in your household. Also, keep your ViaBet screen name and password private. You can elect to have the ViaBet software not remember your password each time you log into ViaBet. If you have any concern that somebody else might attempt to access your ViaBet account, you should not allow the ViaBet software to remember your password.
• If you are aware of an underage person using ViaBet software, let us know. Simply send an email to [email protected] and we will get right on it. Our first step is to investigate, and if warranted, freeze the player's account and request identification from that player; we take these reports seriously.
How to play online responsibly
ViaBet has enforced features in its gaming system which enables players to gamble responsibly. For many people gambling is exciting and entertaining. They make careful decisions about how to spend their time and money, where to go and how to have fun. When a gambler loses the sense of fun that casual gambling is meant to generate it means that he has a problem. He may begin to look at gambling as a way to make money or worse still he keeps on gambling to try and win back money he had previously lost. He often believes that he has special luck or abilities or that his luck may be about to change. When you gamble not just for that rush and you find yourself chasing losses and betting more, the result is a vicious circle of increasing losses and increased betting to recover the losses.
You can realize you have a problem:
• If you leave your family alone for long periods of time, in order to gamble
• If you argue frequently with your partner about spending too much time and money on gambling and find that you cannot stop or limit yourself.
• If you gamble family money needed for rent/mortgage, schooling, medical purposes, groceries, clothes, or heat.
• If you feel you have to gamble to get to spend time with people you understand.
• When you are with your family, at work or at social events, you find that you are constantly thinking about your next bet.
• If you look at gambling as a way of making money fast.
• If your answer to any of the above is "YES" then we suggest that you take action immediately BEFORE it becomes a worse problem. There are many organizations that may help you to control your problem such as www.gamcare.org.uk, www.responsiblegambling.org/
If you choose to play online gaming, there are some general guidelines that can help make your game playing experience safer, and reduce the risk that problems can occur:
1. Play for entertainment, and not as a way of making money.
2. Take frequent breaks.
3. Play with money that you can afford to lose. Never use money that you need for important things such as food, rent, bills, or tuition.
4. Set deposit limits. Use our "deposit limits" feature located in the cashier window. Never deposit more than you can afford to lose.
5. Never chase losses. If you lose money, don't play higher stakes to try and recoup your losses.
6. Don't play when you are upset, tired, or depressed. It is difficult to make good decisions when you are feeling down.
7. Balance gaming with other activities. Find other forms of entertainment so playing does not become too big part of your life.
Actions to take
You may also take the following action.
You can inform ViaBet at [email protected] that you no longer wish them to accept your bets as you have a problem. You may stipulate a specified period or an indefinite period. You will not be able to change your decision until a minimum of 7 days have passed. Restrict your bet amounts by informing ViaBet of the limit that you would desire to place on each bet you make.
You understand that ViaBet is not responsible for actions you take to hide your identity, or should you use other providers for the placing of bets.